A quick thought on digital Luxury marketing
Here’s my Campaign YouTube Ad of the Week review. Appearing next week.
I’ve not followed their structure too well (with their permission)
Why I like it
I’ve been transported back to 1999 when we could get away with cumbersome, impossible to navigate Flash sites and ‘experiences’ we naively forced hapless users through.
While I admire the ambition and artistry LV have tried to display, the result feels ten years out of date, pompous and irrelevant. The NewNow film is vacuous and uncomfortable in a web format; the youtube comments reflect this. The site is choked with random ‘luxury’ content, tiny thumbnails, weird cul-de-sacs and an irritating cube navigation. The temporary mobile site benefits from being mercifully limited in content (just the stunning catwalk show films, rather than ‘we curate the web for you’ content efforts)
I wish I’d thought of
Compare/contrast. Burberry is a delight on mobile, is clever on its .com, is open and welcoming, yet amazingly stylish and beautiful to behold.
Christopher Bailey is connected and inventive, embracing new customers and transforming his brand. Connected business as it should be.
Don’t take my word for it.
Incidentally, LVMH‘s digital attempts are not limited to Louis Vuitton.
It’s Nowness.com initiative is interesting.
In it’s own words:
NOWNESS previews the latest in fashion, art, cinema, entertainment, culture, music, gastronomy, design, travel, and the world of luxury.
It’s a bit more useful, certainly is more open and has content that jumps from the page, rather than looking embarrassed to be there. I’m looking forward to seeing how it develops.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: ad strategy, beauty, christopher bailey, fashion, social-media, strategy, style, technology
- RT @mbeisen: FDA vs. 23andMe: How do we want genetic testing to be regulated? michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=1480 1 week ago
- Exclusive-ish Robert Llewellyn says there's a 'new Red Dwarf series coming next year'. He can tell us, but not blog or tweet it apparently! 1 week ago
- Epic indeed! Kudos to @VolvoTrucks youtu.be/M7FIvfx5J10 3 weeks ago
- RT @bergcloud: We have a big news: BERG Cloud for everyone, Devkits on sale, and funding announced: bergcloud.com/2013/10/28/ber… 3 weeks ago
- haggerston-tescos.tumblr.com Love this blog. Tesco Haggerston - the worst @Tesco on Earth. Via @Alfie 3 weeks ago
- I have some big news. Are you sitting down? Toilets save lives. This #WorldToiletDay 19 Nov, say #ThankYouToilet goo.gl/p8p9b8 4 weeks ago
- Lovely use of #Facebook: #WWII timeline. Hilarious collegehumor.com/article/665009… 1 month ago
- I really like #giffgaff and particularly like #giffgaffguts! Nice work! youtube.com/watch?v=Jhf8Ht… 1 month ago
admap ads ad strategy agile beauty behavioural economics campaigns christopher bailey context corwd-source CRM data email emotion reason heuristics research elections voting eric ries fashion flash heuristocs human behaviour ideas innovation insight interactive exeperiences IPA marketing music obama open perception planners planning process real-time research search social social-media strategy style super bowl technology trends